There are no products listed under this category.
Drop Foot Brace
** FREE SHIPPING on all Drop Foot Braces ** In addition to free standard shipping, expedited shipping is also available. Orders typically ship within 24 hours of receipt. For more details or to ask questions, chat with us anytime!
Foot Drop Overview
Drop Foot (also called foot drop) is a condition in which an individual cannot lift the front part of his/her foot. As a result, the individual’s toes drag on the ground as they walk. People with this condition will lift their knees higher than normal or alter their leg movement as a preventive measure, both of which can lead to additional problems.
Drop foot can be temporary or permanent depending on the cause and severity. It is important to recognize that it is not disease; it is a condition that is often the symptom of a greater problem, including:
- Nerve Damage – This is the most common reason for drop foot. The peroneal nerve, which stretches from behind the knee to the bottom of the shin, suffers damage and the individual loses control over the front of their foot. This is commonly caused from physical injury, diabetes or surgery on lower limbs.
- Neurological – Sometimes drop foot can be rooted to an issue with the brain. Some examples are stroke, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy.
- Muscle diseases: The muscles in the forefoot can diminish due to muscular diseases such as muscular dystrophy, Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS) and Polio. The lack of muscle control can result in drop foot.
Because drop foot is a consequence of more complicated health issues, one’s ability to completely overcome this condition is dependent upon whether the root source is treatable or not.
Foot Braces for drop foot can help to heal the injury, alleviate the pain, and support the foot to move. Moreover, a foot stabilizer will assist to keep your foot in a normal and natural position. Drop foot is temporary ailment but sometimes it becomes severe with the passage of time if it is not handled properly.
Benefits of Foot Braces for Drop Foot
Following are the benefits of wearing Foot braces for Drop Foot
- It provides the fastest healing to your injured foot.
- Helps to stabilize the foot.
- Alleviates pain and inflammation of the foot.
- Protect the foot from further injuries.
- Assist to relieve the pain caused due to drop foot.
- A foot brace helps you to stand and walk on your own without restricting freedom of movement.
- Helps to improve your gait and support the foot from all directions.
- Very comfortable and easy to wear.